America’s most beloved salad dressing–tangy, creamy Ranch dressing–is all yours to enjoy without sugar or excess calories!
My all time favorite salad dressing is my Honey Poppy Seed Salad Dressing. But a very close second is Ranch dressing.
There are many homemade Ranch dressing recipes out there. But I especially love my version. The reason being is because I have tweaked it a hundred times to the point that it is simply the tastiest I’ve ever had. And the key ingredient to that flavor boost is the dried tarragon!
The resulting Ranch dressing has that familiar, tangy, buttermilk-like bite; a smooth, velvety texture that’s thick enough to nicely coat just about any salad ingredient; just the right amount of saltiness to enhance the flavor of whatever it’s coating; and, of course, that earthy, herby flavor brought on by the blend of spices and herbs.
How to Make Ranch Dressing Mix
If you’d like to, you could make this Ranch dressing into a powdered mix version. Simply mix together all the ingredients except the liquid–the mayo/yogurt, the almond milk, and the vinegar. Store in an airtight container (such as a snack size Ziploc bag) and simply add it to the liquids when you’re ready. Or you can use the mix for other recipes like chicken!
- 1 cup low sugar mayonnaise (Butterific or THM S option) or 1 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt (Neutraltastic or THM FP option)
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk together all of the ingredients. If the resulting dressing is too thin for your taste, add more mayo or Greek yogurt a little at a time. If it's too thick for your taste, add more almond milk a little at a time.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.