Enjoy desserts and all the sweet things even when your store-bought sweetener blend has run out by mixing up this one!
This recipe (which is technically two recipes) is what I make when I have run out of my beloved THM Super Sweet Blend or THM Gentle Sweet blend. I call these homemade sweetener blends “Sweet Stuff.” The Sweet Stuff to substitute for Gentle Sweet I have dubbed Subtle Sweet Stuff and the one to substitute for Super Sweet I have entitled Strong Sweet Stuff. It should be pretty obvious which is which. 🙂
This wasn’t a recipe I was planning on sharing. But I have had enough requests by friends, family, and readers asking me to share my homemade blends so they have a go-to to make when they run out of their THM sweetener blends before the new order comes in.
To use these Sweet Stuff blends, just use them in equal amount as your would the THM blends you have run out of. To make this easier, refer to the Sweetener Conversions chart below.
- 1 cup erythritol and/or xylitol
- ½ teaspoon (8 doonks) pure stevia extract powder (such as the THM brand or the NuStevia brand)
- Mix the ingredients for your chosen sweetener blend (Subtle Sweet Stuff to use in place of Gentle Sweet OR Strong Sweet Stuff to use in place of Super Sweet).
- Grind the blended sweeter a bit at a time in a clean coffee grinder.
- Use as you would store bought sweetener blends.