The creamy, fall favored flavor of freshly baked pumpkin pie mingles with the subtly sweet vanilla flavor of white chocolate or the cocoa rich taste of dark chocolate in these decadent pumpkin candy cups.
I decided to make these oh so yummy fall treats after seeing several similar recipes for pumpkin candy cups pop up on my Pinterest feed. Naturally, they all were made with store bought chocolate and had loads of sugar in them. So I chose to create my own, healthy, sugar free, gluten free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly version.
The resulting pumpkin candy cups definitely satisfy my sweet tooth! They taste amazing, put me in the fall spirit, and they even look great to serve to guests.
- Line 36 mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners (or leave alone if using a silicone mini muffic pan).
- Using a double boiler (you can create a double boiler by filling a small saucepan with about 1 inch of water and placing a stainless steel or glass bowl over the mouth of the pan), melt the chocolate until just melted (not too liquidy). Remove from heat.
- While chocolate is melting, in a small bowl, mix together the baking blend, sweetener, pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. A stiff dough will result.
- Fill each muffin cup about ⅓ full with the warm chocolate.
- Roll out the pumpkin dough into ¾-inch diamteer balls (each uses just under 1 teaspoon of the dough). Flatten each ball slightly and press gently into the chocolate in a muffin cup.
- Pour more white chocolate over the top of the filling.
- Refrigerate or freeze until hardened. Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.