Low Carb Brussels Sprouts and Kale Slaw with Maple Vinaigrette
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener OR equivalent sweetener (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar free dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon maple flavoring (I recommend the THM brand or the Olive Nation brand)
- ½ teaspoon mineral salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coarsely chopped nuts and toast, stirring often, until lightly browned. Set aside to cool (you can pop them in the fridge or freezer to speed this up).
In a medium sized mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients.
Add the slaw ingredients and the nuts; toss to coat with the vinaigrette.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 28g | Fiber: 1g