Bacon Onion Rings with Adobo Aioli
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
For Onion Rings
- 1 large (or 2 medium) yellow or white onions
- 1 pound thin cut pork bacon
- 3 tablespoons sugar free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can with just adobo sauce or drained from a can of chipotle peppers)
- 2 teaspoons dill relish
- 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or a silicone matt.
Slice the onion into 1/4-inch thick rings. After slicing, separate the rings, but keep two rings nested together for each onion ring to make it a bit thicker.
Wrap each ring with 1 to 2 slices bacon (they can stretch a bit to get them all the way around). Place on baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes (more or less) until the bacon is the desired amount of doneness (some people like it less cooked, some like it crisp; bake to the point you prefer).
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all of the aioli ingredients.
Allow onion rings to cool till they're touchable. Serve with the aioli as a dip and enjoy!
Serving: 3onion rings | Calories: 191kcal | Carbs: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g