Low Carb Lobster Bisque
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 averge-sized carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 4 cups (1 box) chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups fish stock
- 14.5 ounces (1 can) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or gluccomannan
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- mineral salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrot. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until these veggies are tender.
Add the garlic. Sauté another minute or so or until the garlic is a light golden brown.
Pour in the cooking sherry and both broths/stocks. Stir in the tomatoes, paprika, thyme, red pepper flakes, and xanthan gum or gluccie. Bring to a boil.
Turn the heat down to low. Using an immersion blender, carefully (don't splatter yourself--it's hot!) pureé the soup as best you can (it's okay if there are still chunks). Alternatively, you can pureé the soup a cup or two at a time in a heat safe blender.
Stir in the lobster and cream plus salt and pepper to taste. Allow to heat up.
Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 195kcal | Carbs: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 830mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g