Artichoke Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 package (13.25 ounces) Dreamfields penne pasta
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) ⅓ fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ½ cup low or no sugar mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon mineral salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups Monterrey jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9- by 13-inch dish with coconut oil cooking spray; set aside.
Cook or grill the chicken breasts (remember to grease the cooking surface with coconut oil cooking spray). Allow to rest for about 6 minutes then cut into strips. Set aside.
Cook penne according to box directions. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large pot. Add the mushrooms and saute until lightly caramelized.
Add the cream cheese and melt it over medium-low heat. Whisk in the milk, mayonnaise, and all the herbs and spices.
Add the chicken, pasta, and artichokes to the sauce.
Mix in 2 cups of the cheese and mix in until melted.
Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
Bake until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Fiber: 5g