Rich cream, salty stock, and buttery sweet lobster combine in this silky, Red Lobster inspired, Trim Healthy Mama and keto friendly low carb lobster bisque recipe.
Red Lobster’s epic lobster bisque soup is, always has been, and always will be one of my top favorite things to eat. However, because it contains some ingredients which are not Trim Healthy Mama friendly, I determined to create my own homemade version that is on plan (and that also happens to be keto friendly and gluten free).
The resulting low carb lobster bisque is smooth, creamy, a bit salty, and riddled with buttery sweet chunks of lobster! And, although it doesn’t taste quite identical to Red Lobster’s, it is a very close copycat!
You can make some irresistible low carb cheddar bay biscuits to go alongside this and I recommend some greenery as well such as some roast brussels sprouts or asparagus.
Low Carb Lobster Bisque
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 averge-sized carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup
- 4 cups
(1 box) chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups
- 14.5 ounces (1 can) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or gluccomannan
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
mineral salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrot. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until these veggies are tender.
- Add the garlic. Sauté another minute or so or until the garlic is a light golden brown.
- Pour in the cooking sherry and both broths/stocks. Stir in the tomatoes, paprika, thyme, red pepper flakes, and xanthan gum or gluccie. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low. Using an immersion blender, carefully (don't splatter yourself--it's hot!) pureé the soup as best you can (it's okay if there are still chunks). Alternatively, you can pureé the soup a cup or two at a time in a heat safe blender.
- Stir in the lobster and cream plus salt and pepper to taste. Allow to heat up.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on specific brand of ingredients used.