With a velvety smooth texture complete with chocolate and hints of hazelnut flavor, this Chocolate Hazelnut Shake is here to satisfy your Nutella cravings without ruining your healthy eating lifestyle.
My mouth regularly yearns for the flavors that are in Nutella’s chocolate hazelnut spread. There’s just something amazing about that combo. It’s addicting. But whilst doing Trim Healthy Mama, Nutella (which is, of course, totally loaded with sugar) is a big, bad no.
Now, yes, I could simply make my own on-plan chocolate hazelnut spread. It is great! Or, I can buy a sugar-free, on-plan version. That’s great, too. However, both of these options can get a little pricey. Because hazelnuts aren’t the cheapest nut out there.
So I created this recipe instead. It is super healthful and costs much less to make. Plus, it’s less work to make it, so it can be done on a whim for breakfast or dessert.
Chocolate Hazelnut Shake
- 1 cup almond milk or cashew milk
- 1 cup plain double-fermented milk kefir OR 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup ice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons collagen (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Gentle Sweet (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut extract (more or less to taste)
- ¼ cup Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- ¼ teaspoon mineral salt
- Add all ingredients, in order, into the jar of a blender.
- Run blender on the smoothie/shake setting until well blended.
- The resulting recipe yields a Neutralific (THM FP) shake.
- To make it Fatabulous (THM S or keto), use 1/2 cup almond milk plus 1/2 cup heavy cream instead of the 1 cup almond milk.
- To make it Carbalicious (THM E), add 1/2 of a banana and reduce the Gentle Sweet to taste.
- To make it Fusiontacular (THM XO), do both the Fatabulous and Carbalicious options together.