One of my topmost favorite flavors is that of raw cookie dough. For some reason, raw cookie dough just tastes better than the baked cookies (not that the baked cookies are particularly bad, just that the cookie dough is better). And since I’m always looking for new flavors for shakes and smoothies so that I switch things up each day, I decided why not create a chocolate chip cookie dough shake?
To create this recipe, I looked over several chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipes I had found online. Then I mixed and matched some of these ingredients plus a few others (and some liquid to transform it from a dip to drink) until I had blended the perfect chocolate chip cookie dough shake.
One thing I noticed with the cookie dough dip recipes was that none of the ones I looked through had any brown sugar or molasses. I think one of the big reasons I love chocolate chip cookie dough is that it has that molasses like flavor. So for my shake recipe, I added just a bit of molasses. This should be a small enough amount that it doesn’t raise blood sugar levels, but if you’re concerned for any reason, you are more than welcome to leave it out or use some maple flavoring instead. It’ll still taste great! Another alternative is to use Brown Just Like Sugar (this is a THM-friendly chicory root sweetener flavored like brown sugar).
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Shake
- ½ cup plain unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) ⅓ fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons collagen
- 1 tablespoon
THM Super Sweet or equivalent sweetener
- 1 scoop Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- ½ teaspoon glucomannan, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon maple flavoring or ¼ teaspoon unsulphured blackstrap molasses, optional
- ¼ teaspoon mineral salt
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 1 tablespoon Lily's stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Add the milk, water, cream cheese, collagen, sweetener, whey protein, butter, vanilla, glucomannan, butter flavoring, maple flavor or molasses, and salt to the jar of a blender. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add the ice and pulse until blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse just until there are tiny bits of chocolate throughout the shake.
Nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on specific brand of ingredients used.