Sweetness reigns supreme in this fast and easy to make Trim Healthy Mama friendly chocolate chip chaffle recipe.
Have you heard about the chaffle yet? It’s hot stuff in the Trim Healthy Mama, keto, low carb, gluten free, and grain free communities right now! Basically, it’s a mini, single serving waffle made with an egg and mozzarella cheese. It’s similar to a fat head kind of pastry.
If you’re wondering why they’re called chaffles, well, it’s pretty simple. It has CHeese and it’s basically a wAFFLE. So CH + AFFLE = CHAFFLE.
A single chocolate chip chaffle takes like a minute to prepare. It’s great for a quick and easy breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
Most chaffles hit savory notes. Which is great and super yummy! But as is the case today, I’m going to hit some sweet notes. The resulting product is a chocolate chip yumminess that is similar to a pancake, but no grains or grain alternatives.
Enjoy this chocolatey yummy chaffle for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert.
Oh, and don’t forget the proper equipment! You need a MINI waffle maker to make a single serve chaffle. You can double or tripple the recipe to make it on a regular sized waffle maker instead. I like the Dash mini waffle maker which is available on Amazon.
Chocolate Chip Chaffle
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons THM Gentle Sweet (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chocolate chips (
THM, Lily's, or Bake Believe)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon maple extract
- ¼ teaspoon butter flavoring OR mint extract, optional
- 1 pinch mineral salt
- Preheat a mini waffle maker.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Spray the waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in the mixture and cook until desired doneness (from soft to crispy).
Hannah Green says
Tastes kinda like a chocolate chip pancake. Tastes and smells amazing!