Trim Healthy Mama is the motivating factor behind all of the recipes and most of the articles on my website. But you may be wondering just what are the benefits of doing Trim Healthy Mama? What makes it so ridiculously awesome? After all, it began after a couple of sisters self-published a very thick how-to book with tons of grammar errors that took off big time in popularity and helping others.
Well, there are MANY reasons why THM is great. And if you join in, you’ll experience them all for yourself (some might take time while others you enjoy instantaneously). But here are a few of my favorite benefits of doing Trim Healthy Mama.
10 Benefits of Doing Trim Healthy Mama
- Weight loss. This is the primary reason many people turn to Trim Healthy Mama. It is a simple, healthy, and effective way to lose unwanted weight and acquire a trim waistline.
- Better hair and fingernails. Much of the food that Trim Healthy Mamas eat (including collagen and gelatin) contributes to longer, shinier, stronger hair and longer, stronger fingernails.
- More energy. Since sugar and unhealthy carbs are booted and since many Trim Healthy Mamas (yes, even those that are successfully losing weight) are eating MORE food than usual, they discover that they have more energy.
- Medical benefits. With eating healthfully the THM way, you glean more than just weight loss. As “side effects,” it also helps with hormone balance, gut health, diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, and more.
- Easy maintenance. If you’ve lost all the weight you need to or if you don’t have any to lose to begin with, then you’ll love this aspect of THM. Maintaining weight by eating healthfully is super simple and oh so delicious!
- Delicious food including desserts. THM has lots of yummy food options. There are some weird or cardboard-flavored options out there too, which, if that’s your thing (it is for some people, and that’s okay!), go for it. But there are tasty options as well. Something I’ve discovered is that there really is a good, sometimes even better, version of everything I and my family ate before starting THM.
- Awesome community. Being a Trim Healthy Mama means you’re absolutely NOT alone! There is the main official THM Facebook group as well as a variety others (both official and unofficial) plus an online forum and there are even many local in-person groups that you can rely on to cheer you along your journey.
- Family friendly. Just because you make yourself one thing doesn’t necessarily mean you should make something different for everyone else. Most THM friendly recipe are good and delicious to the whole family! Plus you can pass on the desire and how-to of healthy eating on to your children.
- All food groups welcome. Are you a carbaholic and LOVE bread? Bread is on plan. Adore bacon? Bacon and all its fatty goodness is on plan too. So is butter. And rice. And cheesecake. And chocolate. And veggies. And fruit. There is something from EVERY food group that is on plan.
- No counting (unless you really want to). I don’t know about you, but counting and recording calories or points for every little thing you eat is boring and kinda annoying and a bit of pain in the hiney. Fortunately, with THM, counting is out the window, baby! That is unless you really want to, then go for it.
Buy the Books
Whether you’re interested in THM to lose weight, gain weight, achieve overall health, or whatever, the best way to get started is to get Trim Healthy Table. This book gives a brief kick start guide on how to work the plan plus tons of delicious recipes.