A creamy, low fat dressing, sumptuous spices, tender chicken, and sweet grapes make up the sum of this quick, easy-to-make chicken and grape salad.
I remember the first time I enjoyed a chicken and grape salad. I actually helped make it for the reception of my best friend’s wedding. It was just so yummy! But, because I didn’t make it on my own soon afterwards I mostly forgot about it.
Until I spotted it again in our local grocery store. Yummy chicken and grape salad! This version had toasted almond tossed in it too, which made it even yummier.
So I started regularly making it at home for a quick and easy lunch. Our grocery store sells already shredded chicken and turkey which is super convenient.
Then I started Trim Healthy Mama. And my chicken and grape salad love was set aside for a while since it contained lots of mayonnaise (a fat) and lots of grapes (a carb). That is, until I got around THM-ing it.
Below is the resulting THM-ed version of that traditional, very yummy, and filling chicken and grape salad recipe. It is now once again a go-to for quick, easy, and delicious lunches. I usually whip up the whole recipe and just eat it up by itself!
- ¼ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese (any kind except the original swiss), room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded white meat chicken or turkey
- 18 seedless grapes, whole or halved
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all of the salad ingredients and gently stir until coated with the dressing.