These cheese and bacon stuffed mushrooms may be small, but they pack powerful flavor. Each bite is a burst of earthy mushroom, salty bacon, and gooey cheese. Even my six-year-old son is a big fan of this simple yet mighty appetizer!
These stuffed mushrooms are perfect for pretty much any gathering you can think of. They’re great to serve as an appetizer or main course accompaniment at any dinner party or holiday party (think Thanksgiving or Christmas). They’re awesome to serve alongside hot wings for a football party. They’re elegant enough (and easy enough even for the least kitchen savvy person to make) for a romantic dinner for two or to serve at a wedding. They’re perfect for a contribution to a potluck, barbecue, picnic, or baby/wedding shower. And they’re even yummy enough as a side dish with everyday family dinners (this is where they’re enjoyed the most in our home!).
They also happen to be low carb and make an excellent Trim Healthy Mama style snack (love THM–losing weight while chowing down stuffed mushrooms full of bacon and cheese!).
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (1/3 fat to make it leaner), softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup Monterey jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 to 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mineral salt
- 1 pound crimini (or any kind) mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cream cheese, egg yolk, cheese, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt together.
- Using a spoon, stuff the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese stuffing is just beginning to brown.